Monday, March 1, 2010

Return of the musicians

Mom and I travelled back to Seattle yesterday by plane and my musician came home later in the evening. I sleep near Mom to be nearby when she cries out from her sleep, anxious and frightened about my father's whereabouts. She tells me she is afraid he won't come back whenever he is gone. She would truly be lost without him.

My father traveled two days by car with my sister to come back. 88 years old, he slowly climbed the stairs into the house this evening at 7:55. She had fallen asleep in her wheelchair by the door waiting for him. He kissed her and smiled at her and then went to get the cat out of the car too.

Then our musicians sat by each other at the piano and played and sang until Dad nearly fell off the chair asleep. There is another story there, but that is for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment